These flowers and colors are so lovely together, they really inspired me to do something for the Altenew January 2023 challenge. I couldn’t decide at first if I wanted to use a lily and rose stamp to mimic the photo, or just use the main colors and give my own spin on it. I decided on the latter. My choice for the flower was the Indian Lotus stamp and die set by Altenew. I found a beautiful pink Indian lotus picture on-line that helped me color both the flower and leaf.
I stamped the flower and leaf several times on Neenah 110lb solar white card stock with Memento Black ink. I’ve learned to just stamp several even if I only plan to use one, because it gives me extra to test colors on, or if I mess up 🙂
I used Prismacolor pencils to color the flower and the leaf. I did my best to mimic the photo I found, but since my artistic skills are still being formed (that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!) it is kinda of a hit-and-miss situation. Despite the tender experience level of my artistic ability (🤣) I really enjoyed the creativity and calmness of just simply coloring.
I found this wonderful patterned paper in my stash and knew it would be good for this neat layering technique. I used Spellbinders Precision A2 Layering Dies set A to cut the paper into layers.
I figured silver would look great with the Indian Lotus and the patterned paper, so I used that for the in-between pieces.
The patterned paper was glued to each of it’s corresponding silver pieces, making each layer. The bottom layer was adhered directly to the card base (just a plain white 5.50″ by 4.25″ card base from my stash). The next two layers used 1/16″ thick foam squares for a little bit of dimension. Care was taken to line up the design on each layer.
Let’s Say Something
Took me awhile to figure the saying out on this one. I wanted a part of each saying on the top left of each layer, but to stamp it, to die cut it…these were the questions. Spellbinders February 2022 card kit had some lovely word dies, and they were just the right size for this card and…well…perfect! I cut a set of the words from adhesive backed foam and dark pink card stock. I left the words in the foam and glued the pink cut-outs on top, this made it so much easier, as the words are tiny.
Putting It All Together
Once I found the right placement for the leaf and flower, I used foam sticky pieces (both 1/16″ and 1/8″) and glue to adhere them onto the card.
I stuck the saying down then had to debate the crucial decision of blinging or not blinging. I decided on not blinging.
Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day 🙂